Health Quest is an upper-elementary health course that has been developed to help students gain an awareness of health as it applies personally to their own bodies, minds and emotions. Also as it applies generally in their living environment, community, and world. The students will learn to identify the components of a healthy lifestyle and set reasonable goals to achieve a lifestyle of wellness.
Table of Contents:
The individual LIFEPAC worktexts are:
Injury and Disease
Also a Complete Teacher's Guide is included.
Health Quest Pentathlon has been developed as an upper elementary Health course to accomplish the following objectives:
1. The students will gain an awareness of health as it applies personally to their own bodies, mind and emotions as well as generally in their living environment, community and world. The students will learn to identify the components of a healthy lifestyle and set reasonable goals to achieve a lifestyle of wellness. The students will grow to understand that good health is a life long pursuit. The students will receive continuous opportunity and motivation to apply health principles in their everyday lives participating in the Health Course theme, Health Quest Pentathlon. The students will become aware that incorporating sound health practices engender a lifestyle of moderation and wellness. The students will grow in understanding their responsibility to properly steward the bodies God has given them as directed in the Bible. The students will gain appreciation of health as it applies to the broader society and world and their responsibility to engender good health around them.
This course has been developed to establish lifelong good health habits and in consideration of the pre-teen students:
1. Expanding awareness about their changing bodies.
2. Growing susceptibility to health fads, trends and unhealthy lifestyles.
3. Maturing ability to incorporate healthy living steps into their own lifestyle to avoid injury and disease.
4. Developing aptitude to apply material they learn into their own lives and the surrounding environment.
5. Broadening concern of health as it applies to the environment, their community and the world around them.
LIFEPAC - Health Quest Overview
LIFEPAC 1 OVERVIEW
Body Building Blocks
Growth and Development
LIFEPAC 2 OVERVIEW
Thinking and Learning
LIFEPAC 3 OVERVIEW
Nutrients an Metabolism
Basic Food Groups
Good Eating Habits
LIFEPAC 4 OVERVIEW
INJURY AND DISEASE
Safety and Accidents
Disease and Prevention
LIFEPAC 5 OVERVIEW
Environment and Health
Use and Misuse of Drugs
Alcohol and Alcoholism
Recommended Grade Level: grades 4-7
Publisher: Alpha Omega Publications
13-Digit ISBN: 9781580959292
Item Code: ES9615