Math Challenge was designed and developed by educational experts and industry professionals to bring real world applications into the STEM education. These programs are ideal for students who wish to win in Math Competitions (AMC, AIME, USAMO, IMO, ARML, MathCounts, Math League, Math Olympiad, ZIML, etc.), Science Fairs (County Science Fairs, State Science Fairs, national programs like Intel Science and Engineering Fair, etc.) and Science Olympiad, or purely want to enrich their academic lives by taking more challenges and developing outstanding analytical, logical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
In Math Challenge I-B, students expand middle school math skills to a deeper level with topics in beginning algebra, fundamental geometry, counting strategies, and basic number theory. Students not only learn practical skills of challenging problem solving that are supplemental to their school curriculum, but also develop skills in creative thinking, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation, and team work. It is recommended for 6th to 8th graders.
The Math Challenge 1-B course is divided into four terms:
- Summer, covering Pre-Algebra and Word Problems
- Fall, covering Geometry
- Winter, covering Combinatorics
- Spring, covering Number Theory
The book contains course materials for Math Challenge I-B: Pre-Algebra and Word Problems. We recommend that students take all four terms. Each of the individual terms is self-contained and does not depend on other terms, so they do not need to be taken in order, and students can take single terms if they want to focus on specific topics.
The Math Challenge Series includes the following additional courses:
- Fun Math Problem Solving for Elementary School (grades 3-5)
- Algebra Readiness (grade 5; preparing for middle school)
- Math Challenge I-A Series (grades 6-8; intro to problem solving)
- Math Challenge I-B Series (grades 6-8; intro to math contests e.g. AMC 8, ZIML Div M)
- Math Challenge I-C Series (grades 6-8; topics bridging middle and high schools)
- Math Challenge II-A Series (grades 9+ or younger students preparing for AMC 10)
- Math Challenge II-B Series (grades 9+ or younger students preparing for AMC 12)
- Math Challenge III Series (preparing for AIME, ZIML Varsity, or equivalent contests)
- Math Challenge IV Series (Math Olympiad level problem solving)
Students can sign up for the course at https://classes.areteem.org for the live online version or at https://www.edurila.com for the self-paced version.
Format: Paperback 212 pages
Publisher: Areteem Institute
13-Digit ISBN: 9781944863227
10-Digit ISBN: 1944863222