- Pamela Fannin Wilkinson, Educational consultant, Houston, TX
Energize your lesson-planning ideas through the creativity and inspiration of the visual arts! Are your lesson plans memorable, exciting, and effective too? This invaluable resource demonstrates how you can use the visual arts to provide imaginative lesson plans for all subject areas-from language arts to physical education. Each chapter highlights lesson-planning ideas, artists, and works of art, which are given focus by visual thinking questions. Suggested readings and links to websites that offer color images of works of art are also included, while an Idea Guide provides suggestions for fine-tuning both lessons and student assignments.
Learn how you can use the visual arts to:
- Provide imaginative lesson plans for all subject areas
- Discover thought-provoking ideas and new ways of teaching in the content areas
- Appeal to the learning styles of a broad range of students, including gifted and talented learners
- Meet the needs of an integrated curriculum
Visual Knowing is an innovative resource to energize your approach to everyday lesson planning by bringing art and creativity to required curriculum topics.
Format: Hardcover 104 pages
Publisher: Corwin Publishers
13-Digit ISBN: 9781412914482